zaterdag 10 maart 2012

Photography: Projects

My journey into the world of art has been entertaining, interesting and fun. But now I have to redirect my focus back to my own photography, as there is so much to do and so little time to spare.

This year I started of with two projects. All of a sudden I realized that I was spending all my time on only one project, completely neglecting the other, only due to a major lack of time.

One of these projects is about the past. If we look back on our childhood, what do we see? What do we actually 'think' we remember. I say 'think', because it has been proven that the memories we have are very often distorted. When there are some blanks in our brain, or we do not remember something completely, our mind fills out these blanks all by itself and makes up its own little stories.
According to me, our memories are also linked to age. If we look back on our childhood during and shortly after puberty, it is very often with distaste, because we only see the negative side of our parents. Why? Because we had to follow certain rules we didn't like to follow.
Afterwards, in our twenties, we start to doubt. Our parents were not so bad after all, but still, they often acted the wrong way.
The more we age, the more the view on our childhood changes. In the end, our parents were great people who always knew what they were talking about and we enjoyed our childhood very much.
Of course I am talking about the standard childhood in my area. I am completely aware of all the other things going on, but that is not my topic.
What I am trying to say is that our view on our childhood is a little blurred. It is dominated by our toughts and views at a certain moment in time.
Photobucket

My other project (which is consuming all my time at the moment) is about Cerebral Palsy. I am trying to show the world what an immense effort children with CP have to make every day, just to be able to have their muscles work a little more, to learn something new which goes even unnoticed and automatic in our case. Some children are only slightly affected, some very severe. The CP children are children who are very often being  stretched day and night, until fully grown. The vast majority of them has been born premature, and they have to live with this affliction from the first moment they came into this world. I want to show you their incredible bravery!

Photobucket

These projects make sure that I do not have time for exhibitions or other stuff. I have to digg in, and I have to do it profoundly.

It is time-consuming, hard, emotionally wrecking, beautiful, magical. It is PHOTOGRAPHY.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten