donderdag 2 juni 2011

Tatouages

This is it. David's tattooing has started. Practice, practice, practice.
On grapefruit, pigskin, pieces of leader and last but especially not least... on real humans.
His own feet have also been a subject of exercise and if I am not paying attention, my husband will slowly but surely transform into a Maori. That way, I will be living with a Maori instead of a Neanderthaler, which will be a pleasant change for a while :)
But hey, until now his designs and actual tattoos are really beautiful. He is and will always be, my own private artist.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He doesn't always agree on the fact that I am making such a fuss about him, but what can I say, this is *my* blog, and I *do* think he is doing a great job. I am only being tremendeously proud, that's all.

Photobucket

Recently somebody asked him to design a European Dragon tattoo and this is what he came up with:

Photobucket

It still has to be shaded but you'll have to admit it is not bad for a start. On top of it all amost all of these are authentic designs (unless someone asks for something specific, like the one you can see here):

Photobucket

The following tattoo is still in progress. The coloring has to be finished but as the skin was a bit swollen it was decided to do this after the healing. The design is a beautiful flower which will be colored in very light, delicate colors (white, yellow and green).

Photobucket

Personally I am very curious what the result will be.

While all this is happening I am also getting very fascinated about this subject and am becoming a loyal viewer of the series Miami Ink. The things they create is subliminal. These guys are TRUE artists. They are capable of changing a simple idea into a tremendeously gorgeous drawing/tattoo.

I can only recommend to have a peek at their website. You'll be stunned at wat they can do.
http://www.lovehatetattoos.com/

The same goes for the website of Kat von Dee, who is reknown for her portraits:
http://www.katvond.net/

Have fun in discovering a whole new world of art!

1 opmerking:

  1. Karen Goethals20 juni 2011 om 03:56

    Whaw! Mooie verslaggeving, Uschi en prachtig werk, David! X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen